– A presentation of work from some of the most remarkable contemporary performance artists.
– A devoted research on the potential of the human body and its power of expression.
– A virtual space where differences and diversities are produced and celebrated.
– A possible answer to the unresolved dilemma of documenting a live performance.
– An anthropological study of a community of artists practicing Performance Art.
– An ever-growing online gallery and archive of Manuel Vason‘s collaborations.
– A superficially complete photographic essay.
The objective of calling this website Art Exchange is to emphasise on the collaborative nature of each image/action presented here. Each image is an artwork equally shared between Manuel Vason and the artist-collaborator-performer.
Since 1999 Manuel Vason has been working closely with contemporary practitioners to create distinctive photographic actions/images. These images have been created in the spirit of exchange and have sought new ways to express the liveness of the photographic act.